- IPA[səˈkyo͝orədē ˈblaNGkət]
- a familiar blanket or other piece of soft fabric held by a young child as a source of comfort；something that provides reassurance, support, or a sense of security
noun: security blanket, plural noun: security blankets
- 1. a familiar blanket or other piece of soft fabric held by a young child as a source of comfort:
my daughter's three and a half and she's had a security blanket since she was a year old
- 2. something that provides reassurance, support, or a sense of security:
investors no longer see gold as a security blanket.
- 3. a set of security measures or sanctions, typically imposed in order to maintain complete secrecy about something:
the size of the Regular Army is under a security blanket
...複數的 (p.365 遠東新世紀英漢辭典) 字典上的例子有: security analyst 股市分析師 security blanket 安樂毯 Security Council 安全理事會 security police 保安警察 security...
... with much stuff. There is a single bed with my security blanket on it which is situated near to the window. I have a cupboard...