- give the impression or sensation of being something or having a particular quality；used to make a statement or description of one's thoughts, feelings, or actions less assertive or forceful
verb: seem, 3rd person present: seems, gerund or present participle: seeming, past tense: seemed, past participle: seemed
- 1. give the impression or sensation of being something or having a particular quality Dawn seemed annoyed there seems to be plenty to eat
- ▪ used to make a statement or description of one's thoughts, feelings, or actions less assertive or forceful I seem to remember giving you very precise instructions
- ▪ be unable to do something, despite having tried he couldn't seem to remember his lines
- ▪ used to suggest in a cautious, guarded, or polite way that something is true or a fact it would seem that he has been fooling us all
- give the impression of being something or having a particular quality: Dawn seemed annoyed it seemed a dismal town
> She seemed to not have slept well last night. > Tim seemed not to have...seemed not to have", "seemed to have not" 都有人用 比較上 "seem to not have" 或 "seem to have not" 最多人用 "seemed not...
It seems to have been a long time since I last saw.... 這段間隔是九年. 把它兜上你的例句: It seems to have been a long time since I last saw...
seem常表示說話者主觀的判斷；appear指外觀看來那樣，有時帶有實際也許並非如此；look...上的事，但多半是實際上也如此。 你的四種分法不如字典的詳細： He seems (to be) sick.（to be可省略） He seems to have been sick. ...