- (of a liquid) bubble up as a result of being boiled；cook (food) by boiling it in a liquid
verb: seethe, 3rd person present: seethes, gerund or present participle: seething, past tense: seethed, past participle: seethed
- 1. (of a liquid) bubble up as a result of being boiled:
the brew foamed and seethed
- 2. cook (food) by boiling it in a liquid:
others were cut into joints and seethed in cauldrons made of the animal's own skins
- 3. (of a person) be filled with intense but unexpressed anger:
inwardly he was seething at the slight to his authority
- 4. (of a place) be crowded with people or things moving about in a rapid or hectic way:
the entire cellar was seething with spiders
the village seethed with life
- 5. (of a crowd of people) move in a rapid or hectic way:
we cascaded down the stairs and seethed across the station
- v.(of a liquid) boil or be turbulent as if boiling:
- the grey ocean seethed
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
... channels without asking me first." seething = extremely angry, but hiding it: "She was seething...
...set 放.置 (16) sett 鋪路用的石頭 (17) settee 中小型沙發.有靠背的長椅 (18) seethe 沸騰 (19) sec 無甜味的 (20) sect 派別.黨派 (21) sestet 六重唱.六重奏 (22) stet...
...尤指乳齒) loathe 厭惡,憎恨 writhe 扭曲;(痛苦地)扭動(身體等) scythe 長柄大鐮刀 seethe 煮沸;冒泡;翻騰 spathe 【植】佛焰苞 swathe 包紮;包裹 scathe 危害,損害,損傷...