- each of the parts into which something is or may be divided；a portion of time allocated to a particular broadcast item on radio or television
- divide (something) into separate parts or sections；divide into separate parts or sections
noun: segment, plural noun: segments
- 1. each of the parts into which something is or may be divided a large segment of the local population orange segments 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a portion of time allocated to a particular broadcast item on radio or television they probably want to tape you for the eleven o'clock segment Hammond and the others were filming a segment for his program
- 2. a part of a figure cut off by a line or plane intersecting it.
- ▪ the part of a circle enclosed between an arc and a chord.
- ▪ the part of a line included between two points.
- ▪ the part of a sphere cut off by any plane not passing through the center.
- 3. each of the series of similar anatomical units of which the body and appendages of some animals are composed, such as the visible rings of an earthworm's body.
- 4. the smallest distinct part of a spoken utterance, in particular the vowels and consonants as opposed to stress and intonation.
- 1. divide (something) into separate parts or sections the unemployed are segmented into two groups
- ▪ divide into separate parts or sections the market is beginning to segment into a number of well-defined categories
- ▪ (of a cell) undergo cleavage; divide into many cells.