- each of the parts into which something is or may be divided；a portion of time allocated to a particular broadcast item on radio or television
- divide (something) into separate parts or sections；divide into separate parts or sections
noun: segment, plural noun: segments
- 1. each of the parts into which something is or may be divided:
a large segment of the local population
- 2. a portion of time allocated to a particular broadcast item on radio or television:
they probably want to tape you for the eleven o'clock segment
Hammond and the others were filming a segment for his programme
- 3. a part of a figure cut off by a line or plane intersecting it.
- 4. the part of a circle enclosed between an arc and a chord.
- 5. the part of a line included between two points.
- 6. the part of a sphere cut off by any plane not passing through the centre.
- 7. each of the series of similar anatomical units of which the body and appendages of some animals are composed, such as the visible rings of an earthworm's body.
- 8. the smallest distinct part of a spoken utterance, especially with regard to vowel and consonant sounds rather than stress or intonation.
- 1. divide (something) into separate parts or sections:
the unemployed are segmented into two groups
- 2. divide into separate parts or sections:
the market is beginning to segment into a number of well-defined categories
- 3. (of a cell) undergo cleavage; divide into many cells.
- n.each of the parts into which something is or may be divided:
- a large segment of the local population
- v.divide (something) into separate parts or sections:
- the unemployed are segmented into two groups
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...transitive verb)1. 將...劃分音節vi. (不及物動詞 intransitive verb)1. 按音節發音2. 講話segment 圖片參考：http://tw.yimg.com/i/tw/dictionary/pic/039.gif ] n. (名詞 noun)[C...
... of something into parts which are loosely connected. segment of something is one part of it, considered separately from the rext...
1.corporate可以是公司或團體 2.segment是把一個東西,分成很多部分 那如果是corporate segment的話 你可以說是"公司...