- set apart from the rest or from each other; isolate or divide；separate or divide (people, activities, or institutions) along racial, sexual, or religious lines
- an allele that has undergone segregation.；a species within an aggregate.
noun: segregate, plural noun: segregates
- 1. set apart from the rest or from each other; isolate or divide hazardous waste needs to be segregated from ordinary trash
- ▪ separate or divide (people, activities, or institutions) along racial, sexual, or religious lines blacks were segregated in churches, schools, and colleges
- ▪ (of pairs of alleles) be separated at meiosis and transmitted independently via separate gametes.
- 1. an allele that has undergone segregation.
- 2. a species within an aggregate.
segregated portfolio company = 獨立投資組合公司 在美國有許多的公司型態分類是台灣所沒有的，而簡單的說SPC就有點像是設計金融商品或衍生性商品的角色功能而已。
...句完整的寫法是: Municipal ordinances thatwere1 meant to segregate races were2 declared void. 意圖隔離種族的政策被宣判無效. that...
...許多學校再度對學生執行嚴格的能力分班制度。 Many schools re-segregate students through practices such as rigid tracking. 或 ...