- isolate or hide away；take legal possession of (assets) until a debt has been paid or other claims have been met
- a general cut in government spending
verb: sequester, 3rd person present: sequesters, gerund or present participle: sequestering, past tense: sequestered, past participle: sequestered
- 1. isolate or hide away Tiberius was sequestered on an island the jurors had been sequestered since Monday 同義詞
- 2. take legal possession of (assets) until a debt has been paid or other claims have been met the power of courts to sequester the assets of unions
- ▪ take forcible possession of (something); confiscate rebel property was sequestered and a military government installed
- ▪ legally place (the property of a bankrupt) in the hands of a trustee for division among the creditors a trustee in a sequestered estate
- 3. form a chelate or other stable compound with (an ion, atom, or molecule) so that it is no longer available for reactions non-precipitating water softeners use complex phosphates to sequester calcium and magnesium ions the organic sequestering agent EDTA
- 1. US a general cut in government spending if the budget deal hadn't gone through, there would have been a sequester of at least $100 billion
- isolate or hide away: she is sequestered in deepest Dorset the artist sequestered himself in his studio for two years
- a general cut in government spending: if the budget deal hadn't gone through, there would have been a sequester of at least $100 billion
...似乎準備長期鬥爭，不顧假扣押的最後期限了。 past the sequester dealine是介系詞片語，當主詞補語。 即The ...swampland.time.com/2013/02/27/congress-looks-past-the-sequester-deadline-and-braces-for-long-fight/ 找到新聞出處如...
...jury tampering charge stems from a scheme to infiltrate the hotel where sequestered jurors stayed during late mob boss John Gotti's...
...=無鄰居的... cloistral= (修道院的) 遁世 lorn= (古) 孤寂而悽涼的, 古代人用多 sequestered=動詞, 過去式, 雖然也可以用來當形容詞, 但是個用動作來表示的形容詞, 使自己...