- perform duties or services for (another person or an organization)；provide (an area or group of people) with a product or service
- (in tennis and other racket sports) an act or turn of hitting the ball or shuttlecock to start play
verb: serve, 3rd person present: serves, gerund or present participle: serving, past tense: served, past participle: served
- 1. perform duties or services for (another person or an organization) Malcolm has served the church very faithfully 同義詞
- ▪ provide (an area or group of people) with a product or service a telecommunications company that serves southern New England
- ▪ be employed as a member of the armed forces a military engineer who served with the army
- ▪ spend (a period) in office, in an apprenticeship, or in prison he is serving a ten-year jail sentence 同義詞
- 2. present (food or drink) to someone they serve wine instead of beer serve white wines chilled 同義詞
- ▪ present (someone) with food or drink Peter served them generous portions of soup I'll serve you with coffee and cake 同義詞
- ▪ (of food or drink) be enough for the recipe serves four people
- ▪ British attend to (a customer in a store) she turned to serve the impatient customer 同義詞
- ▪ supply (goods) to a customer.
- ▪ act as a server at the celebration of the Eucharist.
- ▪ archaic play (a trick) on (someone) I remember the trick you served me
- 3. deliver (a document such as a summons or writ) in a formal manner to the person to whom it is addressed a warrant was served on Jack Sherman
- ▪ deliver a document to (someone) in a formal manner they were just about to serve him with a writ 同義詞
- 4. be of use in achieving or satisfying this book will serve a useful purpose the union came into existence to serve the interests of musicians 同義詞
- ▪ be of some specified use sweat serves to cool down the body the island's one pub serves as a cafe by day 同義詞
- ▪ function for or treat (someone) in a specified way the strategy served him well 同義詞
- ▪ (of a male breeding-animal) copulate with (a female).
- 5. (in tennis and other racket sports) hit the ball or shuttlecock to begin play he tossed the ball up to serve serve the ball onto the front wall
- 6. bind (a rope) with thin cord to protect or strengthen it.
- 7. operate (a gun) before long Lodge was the only man in his section able to serve the guns
- 1. (in tennis and other racket sports) an act or turn of hitting the ball or shuttlecock to start play he was let down by an erratic serve
...台灣的下任總統。 用「過去簡單式被動態」were served表示時間點重要。所以在那個挾魚肉的時間點，我的...以前的動作。 餐廳的服務生幫客人「上菜」的行動，就是serve 2015-06-22 11:04:29 補充： When you serve food...
您好： 問題一：serves as 這句是甚麼意思 又 serves 在此是甚魔意思 as 在此又是甚麼...alone. 譯：這隻填充玩具泰迪熊是這個小孩孤單時的玩伴。 問題二： 可否把 serve 解釋成 服務於 我例句如下 Her husband serves for Air...
Please serve the coffee hot. 這裡的hot是受詞補語。 The coffee will be served hot...原受詞補語hot仍留在原地。 所以a dish of small pieces of food, usually served cold中的 served cold也是類似的原理 The cook usually serves...