1. resolve or reach an agreement about (an argument or problem)
2. reach a decision about; determine
3. accept or agree to (something that one considers to be less than satisfactory)
4. pay (a debt or account)
5. make one's permanent home somewhere
6. establish a colony in
7. turn one's attention to; apply oneself to
8. become or make calmer or quieter
9. sit or come to rest in a comfortable position
10. make (someone) comfortable in a particular place or position
11. (of suspended particles) sink slowly in a liquid to form sediment
「1. resolve or reach an agreement about (an argument or problem)」的反義字
「2. make one's permanent home somewhere」的反義字
「3. become or make calmer or quieter」的反義字
「4. sit or come to rest in a comfortable position」的反義字
「5. (of suspended particles) sink slowly in a liquid to form sediment」的反義字
settle所意指的安排比較偏向於"解決"的意思 例如the matter is settled，意味這件事已經安排(解決)好了。 而We have also arranged excellent...
settling for less 是和 one of short-cuts兩者平行的片語，都屬名詞性質 settling... because you cannot have what you wanted for less是修飾settling的介系詞片語，屬副詞性質，表示目的。
Leo has a fear of commitment. Nothing can get him to settle down. 請問上句為何要用 to settle down 而非 settled down. 中文意思不是有 被~ 的意思嗎?
Leo has a fear of commitment. Nothing can get him to settle down. Leo 對承擔責任懷有恐懼，任何事都無法使他安定下來。 這句話中...