- 1. 定居點 stone-age settlements 石器時代的村落
- 2. 殖民
- 3. 協議 to reach a settlement (with sb.) （和某人）達成協議
- 4. 解決 pending settlement of the financial details 財務細節問題的懸而未決
- 5. 和解
- 6. 支付 a cheque in settlement of your account or invoice 用於結賬的支票
- 7. 財產轉讓 settlement on sb. 對某人的財產讓與
- 8. 沉降
1. an official agreement intended to resolve a dispute or conflict
2. a formal arrangement made between the parties to a lawsuit in order to resolve it, especially out of court
3. a place, typically one which has previously been uninhabited, where people establish a community
4. the process of establishing a settlement or settlements
5. the action or process of settling an account
...有水草的好地點定居,所以這句話較合時宜的翻譯是:篷車隊前往屯墾區. 此處的settlement可翻成"屯墾區" 以色列在六日戰爭1967年戰勝阿拉伯聯軍擴張了國界,也...
問題: settlement 在這裡要怎麼解釋才會讓句子順暢? settlement : a small community or group of ...develop; flourish(發展, 繁榮發展) 與grow是一樣的意思。 That lonely, remote settlement blossomed into a charming little city. 那偏遠孤獨的小社區繁榮發展成...
The first european settlement in what is now the US began on may 14 . settlement(move) in幫助...)在新居安頓下來的意 what is now 指的是 the US第一批歐洲移民至今日稱為美國安居立命，時間開始(最初)是在5月14日