- make or become sharp or sharper；improve or cause to improve
verb: sharpen, 3rd person present: sharpens, gerund or present participle: sharpening, past tense: sharpened, past participle: sharpened
- 1. make or become sharp or sharper she sharpened her pencil her tone sharpened 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. improve or cause to improve they've got to sharpen up in front of the goal students will sharpen up their reading skills 同義詞
- 3. British raise the pitch of (a note) by a semitone.
- make or become sharp or sharper: she sharpened her pencil her tone sharpened
find our appetites sharpened by 增加食慾 Slowly cooked meat、sweet and sur onions or...
...給一個更好的價格﹐ 低一點的。 http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/sharpen+your+pencil.html If someone says this when negotiating...
"I will sharpen this discourse to the fine-point of context," announced the Oracle...