- make or become sharp or sharper；improve or cause to improve
verb: sharpen, 3rd person present: sharpens, gerund or present participle: sharpening, past tense: sharpened, past participle: sharpened
- 1. make or become sharp or sharper she sharpened her pencil her tone sharpened 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. improve or cause to improve they've got to sharpen up in front of the goal students will sharpen up their reading skills 同義詞
- 3. British raise the pitch of (a note) by a semitone.
- make or become sharp or sharper: she sharpened her pencil her tone sharpened
Oxford American Dictionary