- very shocking or upsetting
- 1. very shocking or upsetting he found it a shattering experience
- extremely loud: the ear-shattering noise of military jets taking off
- (in hyperbolic use) of supreme importance or having a momentous effect: world-shattering monumental events not much in the way of world-shattering news
- (in hyperbolic use) very important, shocking, or traumatic: tell me this earth-shattering news of yours
- (in hyperbolic use) very important, momentous, or traumatic: tell me this earth-shattering news of yours
Oxford American Dictionary
- very shocking or upsetting: he found it a shattering experience
Many private residences were among the shattered buildings after the storm. 暴風雨過後,許多私人的住宅夾雜在破碎的建築物...
Shattered heart is like a jet crashed down Falling exertedly and highly to the ground What is the worst is shattered in pieces and can not be restored
...stereo. A kid smashed his piggy bank to get the coins. Shatter: It is very similar with SMASH, however, it can be used...