- (of a person or their manner) appearing deceitful or evasive；constantly changing; shifting
- 1. (of a person or their manner) appearing deceitful or evasive:
he had a shifty look about him
- 2. constantly changing; shifting:
it was a close race in a shifty wind on smooth water
- adj.(of a person or their manner) appearing deceitful or evasive:
- a shifty, fast-talking lawyer
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
... home will never be quiet and cold. The weather has been shifty lately, so take care of yourself and don't let your cold get ...
... crafty smiles, and asking slippery questions in a shifty tone, like the wolf in the Little Red Riding Hood...
...現在它成真了 Reality struck, and now my life is all shifty 在現實生活的衝擊下，我的人生充滿狡詐詭計 And it all moves...