- the action or practice of shooting with a gun；the sport or pastime of shooting with a gun.
- moving or growing quickly；(of a pain) sudden and piercing
noun: shooting, plural noun: shootings
- 1. the action or practice of shooting with a gun the events that led up to the shooting of the man 20,000 fatal shootings a year
- ▪ the sport or pastime of shooting with a gun.
- ▪ the right of shooting game over an area of land.
- ▪ an estate or other area rented to shoot over.
- 2. the action of filming or photographing a scene, film, etc. the shooting of a music video
- 1. moving or growing quickly shooting beams of light played over the sea
- ▪ (of a pain) sudden and piercing I often feel a shooting pain at the end of my left arm