- be conspicuous or clearly visible；make someone or something conspicuous or clearly visible
- 1. be conspicuous or clearly visible
- 2. make someone or something conspicuous or clearly visible
- 3. arrive or turn up for an appointment or gathering
- 4. expose someone or something as being bad or faulty
- 5. embarrass or humiliate someone
突然出現，不知從哪裡冒出來 第一常用是過去式： showed up from nowhere 再來是： showing up from nowhere 怎麼用還是得看前後文
Although six people had expected for dinner, ten showed up. 應該是 "Although (only) six people had BEEN ...
That he didn't show up on time is strange. 上句之中的that he didn't show up on time是名詞子句...strange that he didn't show up on time. 上句之中的名詞子句 that he didn't show up on time是延遲的主詞(delayed subject); It 是虛主詞. 英語中對較...