- 陣雨；一陣; 一大批
過去式：showered 過去分詞：showered 現在分詞：showering
- 1. 陣雨 a heavy/light shower 一陣大雨／小雨 to get caught in a shower 遇上陣雨
- 2. 一陣; 一大批 we were suddenly covered in a shower of petals 突然花瓣雨點般落在我們身上 a shower of sparks flew out from the fire 爐火中迸發出一串火星
- 3. 淋浴器; 淋浴間 I won't be long, I'm in the shower 我用不了多久，我在淋浴 an electric shower 電淋浴器
- 4. 淋浴 to have or take a shower 沖淋浴
- 5. 烏合之眾 they're just a shower of druggies 他們只是一夥癮君子 what a shower! 真是一幫廢物！
- 6. 送禮聚會 to give a shower for sb. 為某人舉辦送禮會 a baby shower 新生兒送禮會
- 1. 使紛紛降落 to shower sth. on or over sb. 把某物拋撒在某人身上 the tree was showering petals everywhere 這棵樹掉落了一地的花瓣
- 2. 大量給予 to shower sb. with sth. 慷慨給予某人 to shower sth. on sb. 送給某人許多某物
- 1. 洗淋浴
- 2. 紛紛落下 to shower on or down on ... 雨點般地落到…上
1. a brief and usually light fall of rain, hail, sleet, or snow
2. a mass of small things falling or moving at the same time
3. a large number of things happening or given at the same time
4. (of a mass of small things) fall or be thrown in a shower
5. give someone a great number of (things)
6. give a great number of things to (someone)
「1. a large number of things happening or given at the same time」的反義字
... Dictionary of Contemporary English的定義， shower 當可數名詞用時，可作"蓮蓬頭(沐浴用的噴頭)"解釋。shower另一個意思...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shower_gel shower gel = shower cream = 沐浴乳 這是名詞＋名詞＝複合名詞（compound noun...
April showers bring May flowers. - 苦盡甘來/飲水思源(四月陣雨帶來五月花)否極泰來...