- an exaggeratedly shy person
noun: shrinking violet, plural noun: shrinking violets
- 1. an exaggeratedly shy person:
Dorothy is no shrinking violet when it comes to expressing her views
- IPA[ˈSHriNGkiNG ˈvī(ə)lət]
- n.an exaggeratedly shy person:
- Dorothy is no shrinking violet when it comes to expressing her views
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
violet 有別的涵意 Violet : 害羞 A shrinking violet is a shy person who doesn't express their views and ...
...昆】 (各種)紫羅蘭色小蝴蝶 6. )【人】 〔1171〕腆[內向]的人 《例句》shrinking violet. 4.WHEAT n. ( 名詞 noun ) 【物】 小麥 ( barley, rye ) 《例句》 (as...
...cell wall, closing the pores as the cell wall shrinks during dehydration. As a result, the the diffusion of the..., there exists a period during which the crystal violet-iodine complex is effectively removed from the...