- having or showing a lack of common sense or judgment; absurd and foolish；ridiculously trivial or frivolous
- a foolish person (often used as a form of address)
noun: silly, plural noun: sillies
- 1. having or showing a lack of common sense or judgment; absurd and foolish another of his silly jokes “Don't be silly!” she said 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ ridiculously trivial or frivolous he would brood about silly things 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ used to convey that an activity or process has been engaged in to such a degree that someone is no longer capable of thinking or acting sensibly he often drank himself silly his mother worried herself silly over him 同義詞
- ▪ helpless; defenseless (typically used of a woman, child, or animal).
- 1. informal a foolish person (often used as a form of address) come on, silly