- IPA[ˈsilvər plāt]
- a thin layer of silver electroplated or otherwise applied as a coating to another metal；objects coated with silver
- cover (something) with a thin layer of silver
noun: silver plate
verb: silver-plate, 3rd person present: silver-plates, gerund or present participle: silver-plating, past tense: silver-plated, past participle: silver-plated
- 1. a thin layer of silver electroplated or otherwise applied as a coating to another metal the vase is finished in silver plate
- ▪ objects coated with silver the tables were groaning with silver plate
- ▪ plates, dishes, etc. made of silver.
- 1. cover (something) with a thin layer of silver a pair of silver-plated spoons
黃銅電鍍銀 動詞 to electroplate brass with silver 名詞 silver-plated brass silver-plated是非常普遍的字, 可取代術語味太濃的silver-electroplated 請參閱: http://tw.dictionary.yahoo.com/dictionary?p=silver-plated
雙手奉上的意思 Handed to someone on a silver plate 辛苦了半天結果讓人不勞而獲 有點酸自己的
...expensive dinner I've ever had! These are my silver plates, knives and forks! I'm going to send my...