- easily understood or done; presenting no difficulty；used to emphasize the fundamental and straightforward nature of something
- a medicinal herb, or a medicine made from one
- used to convey that something is very straightforward
- 1. easily understood or done; presenting no difficulty a simple solution camcorders are now so simple to operate 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ used to emphasize the fundamental and straightforward nature of something the simple truth 同義詞
- 2. plain, basic, or uncomplicated in form, nature, or design; without much decoration or ornamentation a simple white blouse the house is furnished in a simple country style 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ humble and unpretentious a quiet, unassuming man with simple tastes 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. composed of a single element; not compound. 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ denoting a group that has no proper normal subgroup.
- ▪ (of a leaf or stem) not divided or branched.
- ▪ (of a lens, microscope, etc.) consisting of a single lens or component.
- ▪ (in English grammar) denoting a tense formed without an auxiliary, for example sang as opposed to was singing.
- ▪ (of interest) payable on the sum loaned only.
- 4. dated, offensive having an intellectual disability.
- 1. historical a medicinal herb, or a medicine made from one the gatherers of simples
- 1. used to convey that something is very straightforward I don't overanalyse. I listen, I like, I buy. Simple!