- (of a word or form) denoting or referring to just one person or thing；single; unique
- the singular form of a word
- 1. (of a word or form) denoting or referring to just one person or thing the third person singular form of the verb
- ▪ single; unique she always thought of herself as singular, as his only daughter
- 2. exceptionally good or great; remarkable the singular beauty of the desert 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ strange or eccentric in some respect no explanation accompanied this rather singular statement 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of a square matrix) having a zero determinant.
- 4. denoting a point that is a singularity.
- 1. the singular form of a word the first person singular