- (of a word or form) denoting or referring to just one person or thing；single; unique
- a singular word or form.；the singular number
- 1. (of a word or form) denoting or referring to just one person or thing the third person singular form of the verb
- ▪ single; unique she always thought of herself as singular, as his only daughter
- 2. exceptionally good or great; remarkable he had the singular good fortune not to die in the trenches 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ strange or eccentric in some respect no explanation accompanied this rather singular statement 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of a square matrix) having a zero determinant.
- 4. relating to or of the nature of singularity.
- 1. a singular word or form.
- ▪ the singular number a word in the singular
- (of a word or form) denoting or referring to just one person or thing: the third person singular form of the verb
- the singular form of a word: the first person singular
Oxford American Dictionary