- go down below the surface of something, especially of a liquid; become submerged；(of a ship) go to the bottom of the sea or some other body of water because of damage or a collision
verb: sink, 3rd person present: sinks, gerund or present participle: sinking, past tense: sank, past participle: sunk
- 1. go down below the surface of something, especially of a liquid; become submerged he saw the coffin sink below the surface of the waves 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a ship) go to the bottom of the sea or some other body of water because of damage or a collision the trawler sank with the loss of all six crew members 同義詞
- ▪ cause (a ship) to go to the bottom of the sea or other body of water a freak wave sank their boat near the shore 同義詞
- ▪ disappear and not be seen or heard of again the film sank virtually without trace
- ▪ cause to fail she apparently wishes to sink the company 同義詞
- ▪ conceal, keep in the background, or ignore they agreed to sink their differences 同義詞
- 2. descend; drop you can relax on the veranda as the sun sinks Sam felt the ground sinking beneath his feet 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a person) lower oneself or drop gently she sank back onto her pillow 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ gradually penetrate into the surface of something her feet sank into the thick pile of the carpet
- 3. gradually decrease or decline in value, amount, quality, or intensity their output sank to a third of the prewar figure the reputation of the mayor sank to a very low level 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ approach death the doctor concluded that Sanders was sinking fast 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. insert beneath a surface by digging or hollowing out rails attached with screws sunk below the surface of the wood 同義詞
- ▪ insert into something Kelly stood watching, her hands sunk deep into her pockets
- ▪ excavate (a well) or bore (a shaft) more or less vertically downward they planned to sink a gold mine in Oklahoma 同義詞
- ▪ hit (a ball) into a hole in golf or billiards he sank the black into the green pocket to secure victory
- ▪ (in golf) hit the ball into the hole with (a putt or other shot) he sank a four-foot birdie putt at the fifth hole
其實我覺得"正確翻法"是沒有一定的.. 像你所說的"They sank to their knees in the mud crying for water. 他們在泥濘中...
...quot; in google search engine, as easy as that. Good luck. " Subs can sink, rise, and float underwater (maintain "neutral buoyancy"). Subs do all this by...
...one's hands and face, small articles of clothing, etc. sink：（廚房或洗衣用的水槽）a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually...