- a fixed basin with a water supply and a drain；a pool or marsh in which a river's water disappears by evaporation or percolation.
noun: sink, plural noun: sinks
- 1. a fixed basin with a water supply and a drain I stood at the kitchen sink a sink unit with cupboard and drawers under
- 2. a pool or marsh in which a river's water disappears by evaporation or percolation.
- ▪ technical a body or process which acts to absorb or remove energy or a particular component from a system a heat sink the oceans can act as a sink for CO
- 3. short for sinkhole
- 4. a place of vice or corruption a sink of unnatural vice, pride, and luxury
其實我覺得"正確翻法"是沒有一定的.. 像你所說的"They sank to their knees in the mud crying for water. 他們在泥濘中...
...quot; in google search engine, as easy as that. Good luck. " Subs can sink, rise, and float underwater (maintain "neutral buoyancy"). Subs do all this by...
...one's hands and face, small articles of clothing, etc. sink：（廚房或洗衣用的水槽）a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually...