- (of an action or thing) done or operating in an impressively smooth, efficient, and apparently effortless way；smooth and superficially impressive but insincere or shallow
- an oil slick；a small smear or patch of a glossy or wet substance, especially a cosmetic
- make (one's hair) flat, smooth, and glossy by applying water, oil, or cream to it；cover with a film of liquid; make wet or slippery
noun: slick, plural noun: slicks
verb: slick, 3rd person present: slicks, gerund or present participle: slicking, past tense: slicked, past participle: slicked
- 1. (of an action or thing) done or operating in an impressively smooth, efficient, and apparently effortless way a slick piece of software 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ smooth and superficially impressive but insincere or shallow the brands are backed by slick advertising he's a slick con man 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. (of skin or hair) smooth and glossy a dandy-looking dude with a slick black ponytail 同義詞
- ▪ (of a surface) smooth, wet, and slippery she tumbled back against the slick, damp wall 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. an oil slick the slick is a serious threat to marine life
- 2. a small smear or patch of a glossy or wet substance, especially a cosmetic a slick of lip balm
- 3. a race car or bicycle tire without a tread, for use in dry weather conditions Hunt's victory resulted from the finest sort of judgment about when to change his wet tires to slicks
- 4. North American informal a glossy magazine writing for any of the so-called slicks was considered selling out
- 5. North American informal a person who is smooth and persuasive but untrustworthy.
- 1. make (one's hair) flat, smooth, and glossy by applying water, oil, or cream to it his damp hair was slicked back his slicked-down hair
- ▪ cover with a film of liquid; make wet or slippery she woke to find her body slicked with sweat a rain-slicked road
- 2. North American make someone or something smart, tidy, or stylish dad groused about getting slicked up
Music videos became slick and stylish, with quick camera cuts timed to the music and fantastic imagery...
...整句翻譯 環保署長對處理墾丁被石油污染的海面發表了不適當的公開聲明。 (oil slick：有油跡的光滑水面)
... work out on the street, noticing the polka dot, Mod-style slicker she designed as the customer wearing it lifted his leg...