- of a size that is less than normal or usual；not great in amount, number, strength, or power
- small items of clothing, especially underwear.；a gratuity or small gift of money.
- into small pieces；in a small size
noun: smalls, plural noun: smalls
- 1. of a size that is less than normal or usual the room was small and quiet the small hill that sheltered the house 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ not great in amount, number, strength, or power a rather small amount of money
- ▪ not fully grown or developed; young as a small boy, he spent his days either reading or watching cricket
- ▪ (of a voice) lacking strength and confidence ‘I'm scared,’ she said in a small voice
- ▪ used of the first letter of a word that has both a general and a specific use to show that in this case the general use is intended they are diehard conservatives, with a small c
- 2. insignificant; unimportant these are small points 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ little; hardly any the captain had been paying small attention
- ▪ (of a business or its owner) operating on a modest scale a small farmer 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ archaic low or inferior in rank or position; socially undistinguished at dinner, some of the smaller neighbours were invited
- 1. British informal small items of clothing, especially underwear.
- 2. West Indian a gratuity or small gift of money.
- 1. into small pieces cut the okra up small
- ▪ in a small size you shouldn't write so small