- IPA[ˈsnāk ˌpit]
- a pit containing poisonous snakes.；a scene of vicious behavior or ruthless competition
noun: snakepit, plural noun: snakepits
- 1. a pit containing poisonous snakes.
- 2. a scene of vicious behavior or ruthless competition:
the literary snake pits of New York
- 3. a place of overcrowded squalor, especially a poorly run mental hospital:
the clinic opened in 1949, when most drug and alcohol sanitariums were still snake pits
- IPA[ˈsneɪk ˌpɪt]
- n.a pit containing poisonous snakes.
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e