- a ball of packed snow, especially one made for throwing at other people for fun；a thing that grows rapidly in intensity or importance
- throw snowballs at；increase rapidly in size, intensity, or importance
verb: snowball, 3rd person present: snowballs, gerund or present participle: snowballing, past tense: snowballed, past participle: snowballed
noun: snowball, plural noun: snowballs
- 1. a ball of packed snow, especially one made for throwing at other people for fun they pelted him with snowballs
- ▪ a thing that grows rapidly in intensity or importance the closures are expected to have a snowball effect, impacting jobs and tax revenues a public-debt snowball
- 2. a cocktail containing gin, anisette, and cream.
- 3. a dessert resembling a ball of snow, especially one containing or covered in ice cream.
- 1. throw snowballs at I made sure the other kids stopped snowballing Celia
- 2. increase rapidly in size, intensity, or importance the campaign was snowballing