- relating to society or its organization；relating to rank and status in society
- an informal social gathering, especially one organized by the members of a particular club or group
- 1. relating to society or its organization alcoholism is recognized as a major social problem a traditional Japanese social structure 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ relating to rank and status in society a recent analysis of social class in Britain her mother is a lady of the highest social standing
- 2. needing companionship and therefore best suited to living in communities we are social beings as well as individuals
- ▪ relating to or designed for activities in which people meet each other for pleasure Guy led a full social life 同義詞
- 3. (of a bird) gregarious; breeding or nesting in colonies. 同義詞
- ▪ (of an insect) living together in organized communities, typically with different castes, as ants, bees, wasps, and termites do.
- ▪ (of a mammal) living together in groups, typically in a hierarchical system with complex communication.
- 1. an informal social gathering, especially one organized by the members of a particular club or group a church social