- firm and stable in shape; not liquid or fluid；strongly built or made of strong materials; not flimsy or slender
- a substance or object that is solid rather than liquid or fluid.；food that is not liquid
- 1. firm and stable in shape; not liquid or fluid the stream was frozen solid solid fuels 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ strongly built or made of strong materials; not flimsy or slender a solid door with good, secure locks 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. having three dimensions a solid figure with six plane faces
- ▪ concerned with objects having three dimensions solid geometry
- 3. not hollow or containing spaces or gaps a sculpture made out of solid rock a solid mass of flowers
- ▪ consisting of the same substance throughout solid silver cutlery 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of typesetting) without extra space between the lines of characters.
- ▪ (of a line or surface) without spaces; unbroken the solid outline encloses the area within which we measured
- ▪ (of time) uninterrupted; continuous it poured for two hours solid a solid day of meetings 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ unanimous or undivided they received solid support from their teammates 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. dependable; reliable the defense is solid there is solid evidence of lower inflation 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ sound but without any special qualities or flair the rest of the acting is solid
- ▪ US financially sound the company is very solid and will come through the current recession
- 5. US informal on good terms with he thought he could put himself in solid with you by criticizing her
- 1. a substance or object that is solid rather than liquid or fluid.
- ▪ food that is not liquid she drinks only milk and rarely eats solids
- ▪ a body or geometric figure having three dimensions.