- tending to induce drowsiness or sleep；sleepy or drowsy
- a drug or other agent that induces sleep.
noun: soporific, plural noun: soporifics
- 1. tending to induce drowsiness or sleep:
the motion of the train had a somewhat soporific effect
- 2. sleepy or drowsy:
some medicine made her soporific
- 3. tediously boring or monotonous:
a libel trial is in large parts intensely soporific
- 1. a drug or other agent that induces sleep.
- adj.tending to induce drowsiness or sleep:
- the motion of the train had a somewhat soporific effect
- n.a drug or other substance that induces drowsiness or sleep.
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e