- a feeling of deep distress caused by loss, disappointment, or other misfortune suffered by oneself or others；an event or circumstance that causes sorrow
- feel or display deep distress
verb: sorrow, 3rd person present: sorrows, gerund or present participle: sorrowing, past tense: sorrowed, past participle: sorrowed
noun: sorrow, plural noun: sorrows
- 1. a feeling of deep distress caused by loss, disappointment, or other misfortune suffered by oneself or others he understood the sorrow and discontent underlying his brother's sigh 同義詞 sadness, unhappiness, dejection, regret, depression, ... 更多反義詞 joy
- ▪ an event or circumstance that causes sorrow it was a great sorrow to her when they separated 同義詞 trouble, difficulty, problem, adversity, misery, ... 更多
- ▪ the outward expression of grief; lamentation.
- 1. feel or display deep distress a woman had cried all night, sorrowing over the death of her husband