- having an acid taste like lemon or vinegar；(of food, especially milk) having gone bad because of fermentation
- a drink made by mixing a spirit with lemon or lime juice
- make or become sour；make or become unpleasant, acrimonious, or difficult
- 1. having an acid taste like lemon or vinegar:
she sampled the wine and found it was sour
- 2. (of food, especially milk) having gone bad because of fermentation:
the kitchen smelled of sour milk
- 3. having a rancid smell:
her breath was always sour
- 4. feeling or expressing resentment, disappointment, or anger:
he gave her a sour look
the meeting ended on a sour note
- 5. (of soil) deficient in lime and usually dank.
- 6. (of petroleum or natural gas) containing a relatively high proportion of sulphur.
- 1. a drink made by mixing a spirit with lemon or lime juice:
a rum sour
- 1. make or become sour:
water soured with tamarind
- 2. make or become unpleasant, acrimonious, or difficult:
a dispute soured relations between the two countries
many friendships have soured over borrowed money
sour也有動詞用法: vt. 及物動詞使變酸; 使發酵The hot weather has soured the milk. 炎熱的天氣使牛奶變酸了。使變得不愉快...09:09:08 補充： >分詞不是等同形容詞嗎? >可是sour本身可'當動詞和形容詞 >那為什麼還有souring...
...www.chinapost.com.tw/detail.asp?ID=66205&GRP=A), and "sour over" means "become unpleasant or unfriendly" over something(...
是 "hot and sour soup", 不是 "sweet and sour soup". 通常 "糖醋排骨"的"糖醋"才是翻成 "sweet and sour". 這是我在國外看中國城的餐館都通用的. 這兩者很容易混淆.