過去式：speculated 過去分詞：speculated 現在分詞：speculating
- 1. 猜測 to speculate as to why 推測為甚麼 to speculate about or on sth. 推斷某事
- 2. 投機 to speculate on the Stock Exchange 炒股 to speculate for or on a rise/fall 看漲／看跌投機
- 1. 猜測 to speculate that ... 推測… it has been widely speculated that ... 人們普遍猜測…
1. form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence
2. invest in stocks, property, or other ventures in the hope of gain but with the risk of loss
You can speculate all you want about what Mark would have done had he been...分析一下(動詞的地方我用顏色區分)： 這是一句現在式 (主要子句 You can speculate all you want用的是現在式)，現在式在說明甚麼呢？ 一件與過去事實相反的事情...
...承接動詞的真正受詞)修飾受詞的形容詞片語 ： scientists dared speculate＝ (that) scientists dared speculate科學家們之前膽敢臆測的。...
...in their value, but with the risk of losing money 投機; 做投機買賣: speculate in oil shares 做石油股票的投機買賣 * speculating on the stock...