- the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul；the nonphysical part of a person regarded as their true self and as capable of surviving physical death or separation
- convey rapidly and secretly
noun: spirit, plural noun: spirits
- 1. the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul:
we seek a harmony between body and spirit
- 2. the nonphysical part of a person regarded as their true self and as capable of surviving physical death or separation:
a year after he left, his spirit is still present
- 3. the nonphysical part of a person manifested as an apparition after their death; a ghost:
a priest performed a rite of exorcism and the wandering spirit was ousted
- 4. a supernatural being:
shrines to nature spirits
- 5. short for Holy Spirit
- 6. those qualities regarded as forming the definitive or typical elements in the character of a person, nation, or group or in the thought and attitudes of a particular period:
the university is a symbol of the nation's egalitarian spirit
- 7. a person identified with their most prominent mental or moral characteristics or with their role in a group or movement:
he was a leading spirit in the conference
- 8. a specified emotion or mood, especially one prevailing at a particular time:
I hope the team will build on this spirit of confidence
- 9. a person's mood:
as I sat alone in that corridor my spirits were low
- 10. the attitude or intentions with which someone undertakes or regards something:
he confessed in a spirit of self-respect, not defiance
- 11. the quality of courage, energy, and determination or assertiveness:
his visitors admired his spirit and good temper
- 12. the real meaning or the intention behind something as opposed to its strict verbal interpretation:
the rule had been broken in spirit if not in letter
- 13. strong distilled liquor such as brandy, whiskey, gin, or rum.
- 14. a volatile liquid, especially a fuel, prepared by distillation:
- 15. a solution of volatile components extracted from something, typically by distillation or by solution in alcohol:
spirits of turpentine
- 16. a highly refined substance or fluid thought to govern vital phenomena.
- 1. convey rapidly and secretly:
stolen cows were spirited away some distance to prevent detection
...many people believe continues to exist after you die.(=spirit) -->She suffered greatly while she was...particular group of people, an activity, a time or a place: -->a spirit of cooperation -->team spirit -->the spirit of the age 2...
...] Fulfilment must be sought through the spirit, not the body or the mind. 人要尋求滿足必須通過心靈,而...的人。 心意;念頭[S] He said it in a spirit of enmity. 他是懷著敵意說這話的。 帶有...特質的人[...
Dolores的Human spirit 作詞：Dolores O'riordan 作曲：Dolores O'... lover You will just betray yourself Can you see the human spirit? Is there emptiness inside And with my heart in my hand...