- the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul；the nonphysical part of a person regarded as their true self and as capable of surviving physical death or separation
- convey rapidly and secretly
noun: spirit, plural noun: spirits
- 1. the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul we seek a harmony between body and spirit 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the nonphysical part of a person regarded as their true self and as capable of surviving physical death or separation a year after he left, his spirit is still present 同義詞
- ▪ the nonphysical part of a person manifested as an apparition after their death; a ghost a priest performed a rite of exorcism and the wandering spirit was ousted 同義詞
- ▪ a supernatural being shrines to nature spirits
- ▪ the Holy Spirit.
- 2. those qualities regarded as forming the definitive or typical elements in the character of a person, nation, or group or in the thought and attitudes of a particular period the university is a symbol of the nation's egalitarian spirit 同義詞
- ▪ a person identified with their most prominent mental or moral characteristics or with their role in a group or movement he was a leading spirit in the conference
- ▪ a specified emotion or mood, especially one prevailing at a particular time I hope the team will build on this spirit of confidence
- ▪ a person's mood as I sat alone in that corridor my spirits were low
- ▪ the attitude or intentions with which someone undertakes or regards something he confessed in a spirit of self-respect, not defiance 同義詞
- ▪ the quality of courage, energy, and determination or assertiveness his visitors admired his spirit and good temper 同義詞
- ▪ the real meaning or the intention behind something as opposed to its strict verbal interpretation the rule had been broken in spirit if not in letter 同義詞
- 3. British strong distilled liquor such as brandy, whiskey, gin, or rum.
- ▪ a volatile liquid, especially a fuel, prepared by distillation aviation spirit
- ▪ archaic a solution of volatile components extracted from something, typically by distillation or by solution in alcohol spirits of turpentine
- 4. archaic a highly refined substance or fluid thought to govern vital phenomena.
- 1. convey rapidly and secretly stolen cows were spirited away some distance to prevent detection they were arrested in the middle of the night and spirited off to prison
...many people believe continues to exist after you die.(=spirit) -->She suffered greatly while she was...particular group of people, an activity, a time or a place: -->a spirit of cooperation -->team spirit -->the spirit of the age 2...
...] Fulfilment must be sought through the spirit, not the body or the mind. 人要尋求滿足必須通過心靈,而...的人。 心意;念頭[S] He said it in a spirit of enmity. 他是懷著敵意說這話的。 帶有...特質的人[...
Dolores的Human spirit 作詞：Dolores O'riordan 作曲：Dolores O'... lover You will just betray yourself Can you see the human spirit? Is there emptiness inside And with my heart in my hand...