- the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul；the nonphysical part of a person regarded as their true self and as capable of surviving physical death or separation
- convey rapidly and secretly
noun: spirit, plural noun: spirits
- 1. the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul we seek a harmony between body and spirit 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the nonphysical part of a person regarded as their true self and as capable of surviving physical death or separation a year after he left, his spirit is still present 同義詞
- ▪ the nonphysical part of a person manifested as an apparition after their death; a ghost a priest performed a rite of exorcism and the wandering spirit was ousted 同義詞
- ▪ a supernatural being shrines to nature spirits
- ▪ short for Holy Spirit
- 2. those qualities regarded as forming the definitive or typical elements in the character of a person, nation, or group or in the thought and attitudes of a particular period the university is a symbol of the nation's egalitarian spirit 同義詞
- ▪ a person identified with their most prominent mental or moral characteristics or with their role in a group or movement he was a leading spirit in the conference
- ▪ a specified emotion or mood, especially one prevailing at a particular time I hope the team will build on this spirit of confidence
- ▪ a person's mood as I sat alone in that corridor my spirits were low
- ▪ the attitude or intentions with which someone undertakes or regards something he confessed in a spirit of self-respect, not defiance 同義詞
- ▪ the quality of courage, energy, and determination or assertiveness his visitors admired his spirit and good temper 同義詞
- ▪ the real meaning or the intention behind something as opposed to its strict verbal interpretation the rule had been broken in spirit if not in letter 同義詞
- 3. British strong distilled liquor such as brandy, whiskey, gin, or rum.
- ▪ a volatile liquid, especially a fuel, prepared by distillation aviation spirit
- ▪ archaic a solution of volatile components extracted from something, typically by distillation or by solution in alcohol spirits of turpentine
- 4. archaic a highly refined substance or fluid thought to govern vital phenomena.
- 1. convey rapidly and secretly stolen cows were spirited away some distance to prevent detection
...many people believe continues to exist after you die.(=spirit) -->She suffered greatly while she was...particular group of people, an activity, a time or a place: -->a spirit of cooperation -->team spirit -->the spirit of the age 2...
...] Fulfilment must be sought through the spirit, not the body or the mind. 人要尋求滿足必須通過心靈,而...的人。 心意;念頭[S] He said it in a spirit of enmity. 他是懷著敵意說這話的。 帶有...特質的人[...
Dolores的Human spirit 作詞：Dolores O'riordan 作曲：Dolores O'... lover You will just betray yourself Can you see the human spirit? Is there emptiness inside And with my heart in my hand...