- a sudden gush of liquid.；a sudden brief outburst of something
- push out with force; spit out
noun: splurt, plural noun: splurts
verb: splurt, 3rd person present: splurts, gerund or present participle: splurting, past tense: splurted, past participle: splurted
- 1. a sudden gush of liquid.
- ▪ a sudden brief outburst of something I let out a splurt of laughter
- 1. push out with force; spit out the rear wheels splurted gravel
- a sudden gush, especially of saliva.
- push out with force; spit out: the rear wheels splurted gravel
Oxford American Dictionary