- open out (something) so as to extend its surface area, width, or length；stretch out (arms, legs, hands, fingers, or wings) so that they are far apart
- the fact or process of spreading over an area；the extent, width, or area covered by something
verb: spread, 3rd person present: spreads, gerund or present participle: spreading, past tense: spread, past participle: spread
noun: spread, plural noun: spreads
- 1. open out (something) so as to extend its surface area, width, or length I spread a towel on the sand and sat down she helped Colin to spread out the map 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ stretch out (arms, legs, hands, fingers, or wings) so that they are far apart Bobby spread his arms wide
- 2. extend over a large or increasing area rain over north-west Scotland will spread south-east during the day 同義詞
- ▪ (of a group of people) move apart so as to cover a wider area the Marines spread out across the docks
- ▪ distribute or disperse (something) over an area volcanic eruptions spread dust high into the stratosphere 同義詞
- ▪ gradually reach or cause to reach a wider area or more people the violence spread from the city centre to the suburbs she's always spreading rumours 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of people, animals, or plants) become distributed over a large or larger area the owls have spread as far north as Kuala Lumpur
- ▪ distribute in a specified way you can spread the payments over as long a period as you like
- 3. apply (a substance) to an object or surface in an even layer he sighed, spreading jam on a croissant 同義詞
- ▪ cover (a surface) with a substance in an even layer spread each slice thinly with mayonnaise 同義詞
- ▪ be able to be applied in an even layer a tub of unsalted butter that spreads so well
- 4. archaic lay (a table) for a meal.
- 1. the fact or process of spreading over an area warmer temperatures could help reduce the spread of the disease the spread of the urban population into rural areas 同義詞
- 2. the extent, width, or area covered by something the male's antlers can attain a spread of six feet 同義詞
- ▪ the wingspan of a bird the red-tailed hawk has a four-and-a-half-foot spread
- ▪ an expanse or amount of something the green spread of the park 同義詞
- ▪ North American a large farm or ranch.
- 3. the range or variety of something a wide spread of ages 同義詞
- ▪ the difference between two rates or prices the very narrow spread between borrowing and deposit rates
- ▪ short for point spread
- 4. a soft paste that can be applied in a layer to bread or other food low-fat spreads cheese spread
- 5. an article or advertisement covering several columns or pages of a newspaper or magazine, especially one on two facing pages a double-page spread
- 6. informal a large and impressively elaborate meal his mother laid on a huge spread 同義詞
- 7. North American a bedspread a patchwork spread 同義詞
## Spread~ 1. 展開, 打開 -->把折起來的東西展開打開都可用此動詞 例 : I...蓋住很大的面積, 並且輕易可見 例 : Papers had been spread out on the desk.(各種報紙攤在書桌上) 3. 張開, 伸開 -->通常用在張開雙臂...
這幾個字其實感覺不同。 spread 是著重在「散開」、「抹開」、「張開」，這種「散佈」、由一點像外張開...://s.yimg.com/rk/AB04640049/o/487708601.jpg 其他像謠言、傳染病都會 spread。 extend 是著重在「伸」、「延」的動作，不夠長要 extend，是沿著一個軸線...
apply 就是用, 應用. spread 有塗抹開來的意思 rub 有 摩擦, 揉進去的意思 是有一點不一樣. 還有就是...不會說I'm using a towel to spread/apply my face dry. to spread perfume. spread blush, spread mascara...etc. 2008-06-10 15:45:06 補充： 通常噴會用spray...