- a point, period, or step in a process or development；a section of a journey or race
- present a performance of (a play or other show)；organize and participate in (a public event)
noun: stage, plural noun: stages
verb: stage, 3rd person present: stages, gerund or present participle: staging, past tense: staged, past participle: staged
- 1. a point, period, or step in a process or development there is no need at this stage to give explicit details I was in the early stages of pregnancy 同義詞
- ▪ a section of a journey or race the final stage of the journey is made by coach 同義詞
- ▪ each of two or more sections of a rocket or spacecraft that have their own engines and are jettisoned in turn when their propellant is exhausted.
- ▪ a specified part of a circuit, typically one consisting of a single amplifying transistor or valve with the associated equipment a series resistance between the headphones and the output stage
- 2. a raised floor or platform, typically in a theatre, on which actors, entertainers, or speakers perform there are only two characters on stage 同義詞
- ▪ the acting or theatrical profession I've always wanted to go on the stage 同義詞
- ▪ a scene of action or forum of debate, especially in a particular political context Britain is playing a leading role on the international stage 同義詞
- 3. a floor or level of a building or structure the upper stage was added in the 17th century
- ▪ (on a microscope) a raised and usually movable plate on which a slide or object is placed for examination.
- 4. (in chronostratigraphy) a range of strata corresponding to an age in time, forming a subdivision of a series the Oxfordian stage
- ▪ (in palaeoclimatology) a period of time marked by a characteristic climate the Boreal stage
- 5. historical a stagecoach.
- 1. present a performance of (a play or other show) the show is being staged at the Grand Opera House in Belfast 同義詞
- ▪ organize and participate in (a public event) UDF supporters staged a demonstration in Sofia 同義詞
- ▪ cause (something dramatic or unexpected) to happen the President's attempt to stage a comeback the dollar staged a partial recovery
- 2. North American style or furnish (a property for sale) in such a way as to enhance its attractiveness to potential buyers once we've staged the house, we bring in our photographer
- 3. diagnose or classify (a disease or patient) as having reached a particular stage in the expected progression of the disease cancer of the prostate is staged by the way it feels on rectal exam
「S」跟「T」兩個都是氣音發音的子音（正確的念法只有氣聲），當「S」與「T」連在一起以「St」的形式出現時，「t」要發『d』的聲音，所以要念成「ㄙ－ㄉㄟ－ㄐㄩ」。同理，「t」也要發『d』的聲音還有： Student Study...
我只知道如果是: stage foam machine 指的是製造舞台泡沫效果的機器 如果是 on stage foam ball 是指麥克風...
Exit, stage right指風光下台，或見好就收。通常用於形容之前成就不錯，或光景良好的人事物，當趁著未走下坡時退出。 與Exit, stage right相反的是Exit, stage left。指的則是景況不風光，或不佳時，安靜...