- the method of presenting a play or other dramatic performance；the organizing of a public event or protest
noun: staging, plural noun: stagings
- 1. the method of presenting a play or other dramatic performance the quality of staging and design one of the better stagings of
- ▪ the organizing of a public event or protest the staging of the Norfolk Festival of Movement
- 2. North American the activity or practice of styling and furnishing a property for sale in such a way as to enhance its attractiveness to potential buyers home staging has become a huge trend in the real estate industry learn how staging can help you sell faster and at a higher price point
- 3. a stage or set of stages or temporary platforms arranged as a support for performers or between different levels of scaffolding pairs of ladders can be bridged with staging men at work on high stagings
- ▪ British a shelving unit for plants in a greenhouse.
- 4. diagnosis or classification of the particular stage reached by a progressive disease post-operative staging was performed
- 5. the arrangement of stages in a rocket or spacecraft.
- ▪ the separation and jettisoning of a stage from the remainder of a rocket when its propellant is spent.