- mark (something) with colored patches or dirty marks that are not easily removed；be marked or be liable to be marked with a stain.
- a colored patch or dirty mark that is difficult to remove；a thing that damages or brings disgrace to someone or something's reputation
verb: stain, 3rd person present: stains, gerund or present participle: staining, past tense: stained, past participle: stained
noun: stain, plural noun: stains
- 1. mark (something) with colored patches or dirty marks that are not easily removed her clothing was stained with blood red ink can stain 同義詞
- ▪ be marked or be liable to be marked with a stain.
- ▪ damage or bring disgrace to (the reputation or image of someone or something) the awful events would unfairly stain the city's reputation 同義詞
- 2. color (a material or object) by applying a penetrative dye or chemical wood can always be stained to a darker shade 同義詞
- 1. a colored patch or dirty mark that is difficult to remove there were mud stains on my shoes 同義詞
- ▪ a thing that damages or brings disgrace to someone or something's reputation he regarded his time in jail as a stain on his character 同義詞
- 2. a penetrative dye or chemical used in coloring a material or object. 同義詞
- ▪ a special dye used to color organic tissue so as to make the structure visible for microscopic examination.
- ▪ any of the minor colors used in blazoning and liveries, especially tenné and sanguine.
...,they'll throw in a free bottle of their amazing stain remover 他們清理任何三間房間只要 $ 29.95. 以及連接這些房間的走道是免費的...
Golgi stain 高爾基染色，神經細胞染色法的一種，可以染出神經細胞的突出部份（也就是神經元的延伸出來的部份）以及附近血管 Nissl Stain 尼氏染色，也是神經細胞染色法的一種，主要是染核糖核酸（RNA...