- cause (something) to conform to a standard；adopt (something) as one's standard
verb: standardize, 3rd person present: standardizes, gerund or present participle: standardizing, past tense: standardized, past participle: standardized
- 1. cause (something) to conform to a standard the editors failed to standardize the spelling of geographic names
- ▪ adopt (something) as one's standard we could standardize on U.S. equipment
- ▪ determine the properties of by comparison with a standard.
- cause (something) to conform to a standard: in quoting from the letters, I have standardized the spelling and punctuation