- position, status, or reputation；the table of scores indicating the relative positions of competitors in a sports contest
- (of a jump or a start in a running race) performed from rest or an upright position, without a run-up or the use of starting blocks；remaining in force or use; permanent
noun: standing, plural noun: standings
- 1. position, status, or reputation their standing in the community a man of high social standing 同義詞
- ▪ the table of scores indicating the relative positions of competitors in a sports contest she heads the world championship standings
- 2. used to specify the length of time that something has lasted or that someone has fulfilled a particular role an interdepartmental squabble of long standing 同義詞
- 1. (of a jump or a start in a running race) performed from rest or an upright position, without a run-up or the use of starting blocks I took a standing jump they built the world's largest advertising agency from a standing start nineteen years ago
- 2. remaining in force or use; permanent he has a standing invitation to visit them a standing army 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of water) stagnant or still standing water will also freeze in winter 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. (of metal type) kept set up after use.
- 5. (of grain) not yet reaped and so still erect.
整理了一些資料,在增加一些範例,會更容易理解! 1.stand a chance有可能,有希望(成功,獲勝等) 2.stand a good chance...stood firmly against expansionism. 我們堅決反對擴張主義。 5.stand aside站開 Stand aside and let us pass. 站開...
stand for something if a letter, an abbreviation, or a symbol stands for something, that is what it means or represents (http://www...
We found that the house stood. （O） We found that the house...順口多了： We found that the house still stood. 我們發現這房子依然屹立。 無論如何，stood...