- look fixedly or vacantly at someone or something with one's eyes wide open；(of a person's eyes) be wide open, with a fixed or vacant expression
- a long fixed or vacant look
noun: stare, plural noun: stares
verb: stare, 3rd person present: stares, gerund or present participle: staring, past tense: stared, past participle: stared
- 1. look fixedly or vacantly at someone or something with one's eyes wide open he stared at her in amazement Robyn sat staring into space, her mind numb
- ▪ (of a person's eyes) be wide open, with a fixed or vacant expression her grey eyes stared back at him
- ▪ be unpleasantly prominent or striking the obituaries stared out at us
- 1. a long fixed or vacant look she gave him a cold stare
stare (vt/vi) 凝視,注視之意 其後可接介係詞at/into等 barrel 槍管, 桶子之意 從字面翻譯:從槍管口往下注視著這件事(仔細看), 也可以說是一探究竟的意思. 至於為何要如此用,我也不知.可能是他們的slang之類的吧.
...to a hero’s sword, but to a singlespear hurled by an unknown soldier. He stared in horror at theshaft protruding from his chest, knowing that it...