- 使開始做；使生氣; 使發笑; 弄哭
- 1. 出發 the horse started off at a steady trot 這匹馬穩步小跑起來 he started off down the path to the village 他沿著小路向村莊走去
- 2. 首先做 let’s start off with some gentle exercises/by introducing ourselves 我們先來做點強度小的運動／進行自我介紹 I started off working quite hard, but it didn’t last 我一開始幹得很賣力，但沒有堅持多久
- 3. 一開始是 the leaves start off green but turn red later 樹葉一開始是綠色，但後來會變紅
- 1. 使開始做 the company started him off as a shipping clerk 公司一開始讓他做的是運務員 don't start her off crying 別把她惹哭了
- 2. 使生氣; 使發笑; 弄哭
- 3. 給…發起跑信號
- 4. 首先進行 we started off our tour with a visit to the palace 遊覽一開始，我們就先去參觀了宮殿 they started off the season by losing their first four matches 賽季剛開始，他們就輸了前4場比賽
start off--開始--Let's start off today's meeting by singing a song. 讓我們唱一首歌來開始今天的會議 start out--開始一個事業或生活-- Miss Lin started out as a model...
...often than the other. Here are the situations where “start off” is more commonly used than “start out”, even though both...
..., this is the way, of course,” said the mother, as she started off to the right, “No, this is the way,” said she, as she...