- the particular condition that someone or something is in at a specific time；a physical condition as regards internal or molecular form or structure
- express something definitely or clearly in speech or writing；specify the facts of (a case) for consideration
verb: state, 3rd person present: states, gerund or present participle: stating, past tense: stated, past participle: stated
noun: state, plural noun: states
- 1. the particular condition that someone or something is in at a specific time the state of the company's finances we're worried about her state of mind 同義詞
- ▪ a physical condition as regards internal or molecular form or structure water in a liquid state
- ▪ informal an agitated or anxious condition don't get into a state 同義詞
- ▪ informal a dirty or untidy condition look at the state of you—what a mess! 同義詞
- ▪ short for quantum state
- 2. a nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government Germany, Italy, and other European states 同義詞
- ▪ an organized political community or area forming part of a federal republic the German state of Bavaria 同義詞
- ▪ informal another term for United States
- 3. the civil government of a country services provided by the state state education 同義詞
- ▪ the legislative body in Jersey, Guernsey, and Alderney.
- 4. pomp and ceremony associated with monarchy or high levels of government he was buried in state
- ▪ involving the ceremony associated with a head of state the Queen paid a state visit to Malaysia
- 5. a specified impression taken from an etched or engraved plate at a particular stage an oblong plate, dry point, first state of eight
- ▪ a particular printed version of the first edition of a book there are four states of the first edition
- 1. express something definitely or clearly in speech or writing the report stated that more than 51 per cent of voters failed to participate ‘Money hasn't changed me,’ she stated firmly
- ▪ specify the facts of (a case) for consideration judges must give both sides an equal opportunity to state their case
- 2. present or introduce (a theme or melody) in a composition a bold theme is stated at the beginning, driving the entire ten-minute allegro
1.US 是 state, Washington, Hannah, New Jersey...是什麼? ==>...city or town or many other things ==> New Jersey: a "state" 2.那 New York City 是和什麼地方一樣? 是 ...
States是: (A) n. 名詞 變化形 states; 1.狀況, 狀態[C] The...] 3.形態; 心態; 興奮狀態[C] Ice is water in a solid state. 冰是水的固體狀態。 4.國家, 政府, 國土[C][U] All the land...
State and status are terms for existing circumstances or... with the two words. For example: He is in a poor state of health vs. He is in poor health status. Both mean the same...