- loyal and committed in attitude；(of a wall) of strong or firm construction
- 1. loyal and committed in attitude a staunch supporter of the antinuclear lobby a staunch Catholic
- 2. (of a wall) of strong or firm construction these staunch walls could withstand attack by cannon
- ▪ archaic (of a ship) watertight.
- very loyal and committed in attitude: a staunch supporter of the anti-nuclear lobby a staunch Catholic
- stop or restrict (a flow of blood) from a wound: he staunched the blood with whatever came to hand the company did nothing to staunch the tide of rumours
- variant spelling of stanch
Oxford American Dictionary
...a true-blue American a reliable true-blue country club conservative (adjective) staunch, confirmed, constant, devoted, dedicated, loyal, faithful, orthodox...
SUCSESSFUL成功(adj.) S堅強：staunch U專一：undivided C認真：conscientious C勇氣：courage E...
.... 我們支持你發起禁菸的運動 9.We are your staunch supporters. 我們是你忠實的支持者. 10.We are your...