- move a spoon or other implement around in (a liquid or other substance) in order to mix it thoroughly；add an ingredient to (a liquid or other substance) by mixing it in with a spoon or other implement
- a slight physical movement；an initial sign of a specified feeling
verb: stir, 3rd person present: stirs, gerund or present participle: stirring, past tense: stirred, past participle: stirred
noun: stir, plural noun: stirs
- 1. move a spoon or other implement around in (a liquid or other substance) in order to mix it thoroughly stir the batter until it is just combined 同義詞
- ▪ add an ingredient to (a liquid or other substance) by mixing it in with a spoon or other implement stir in the flour and cook gently for two minutes
- 2. move or cause to move slightly nothing stirred except the wind a gentle breeze stirred the leaves 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person or animal) rise or wake from sleep no one else had stirred yet 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ leave or go out of (a place) as he grew older, he seldom stirred from his apartment 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ begin or cause to begin to be active or to develop the 1960s, when the civil rights movement stirred a voice stirred her from her reverie 同義詞
- 3. arouse strong feeling in (someone); move or excite they will be stirred to action by what is written 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ arouse or prompt (a feeling or memory) or inspire (the imagination) the story stirred many memories of my childhood
- 1. a slight physical movement I stood, straining eyes and ears for the faintest stir
- ▪ an initial sign of a specified feeling Caroline felt a stir of anger deep within her breast
- 2. a commotion the event caused quite a stir
- 3. an act of stirring food or drink he gives his chocolate milk a stir
1.stir當"監獄"=>in prison解釋時與jail是極相似的 你也可以稱被關叫"doing stir" 或"Doing Porridge" 這可能源自監獄中吃的粥叫"...
stir frying(快炒及快爆) 快炒及快爆的火侯不同, 下去鍋裡的份量也不同 (Stir frying is an umbrella term used to describe two fast cooking...
... favorite fruits are blend together for my daily drink. Stir = 攪拌 I stir my soup with spice for additional flavor. 如還記不起來...