- a person who looks after livestock.；an owner of livestock.
noun: stockman, plural noun: stockmen
- 1. a person who looks after livestock.
- ▪ US an owner of livestock.
- 2. US a person who looks after a stockroom or warehouse.
- a broad-brimmed felt hat: he sat with his stockman's hat pulled low to protect his eyes from the glare
- a riding boot with elastic sides: the regulation stockman's boot usually has a stitched sole
- a simple home provided for a stockman: it is a former stockman's hut, where most of the rooms feel haunted in the darkness
- a person who looks after livestock.
Oxford American Dictionary